Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Cereal Treats

This is one of our favorite fast, versatile treats. I understand this isn't a new concept, but the more you experiment beyond the traditional recipe, the more yummy they are.

The top picture is S'mores Bars. I used Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal and safe chocolate chips. I added 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips with the marshmallows then another 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips with the cereal.

The bottom picture is Cocoa Pebbles cereal topped with sprinkles.



Cereal Treats

6 cups safe cereal (we like Rice Krispies, Multi-Grain Cheerios, Fruit Loops, Pebbles, Cocoa Puffs, etc.)
3 tbsp dairy-free margarine
10 1/2 oz bag mini marshmallows

Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows then cook, stirring constantly, until completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat then stir in the cereal until well coated. Using wax paper, press the mixture evenly and firmly into a sprayed 9x13 baking pan. Cut into squares when cool.
*  1/2 cup Sunbutter can be melted with the marshmallows if desired. This is especially good with the Cheerios and Cocoa Puffs.
*  1/2-1 cup of safe chocolate chips can either be melted in with the marshmallows or stirred in with the cereal or 1/2 each way. This is especially good with the Rice Krispies.

No comments:

Post a Comment