Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Friday, March 26, 2010

Salt Dough

This is a fun craft, you can use this dough for sculptures, mosaics or anything you can think of. You can knead food coloring directly into the dough before using. The dough can also be painted when fully dried. Jazlyn made this mosaic and sculpture of the turtle.

Salt Dough

1 cup salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water

Combine the salt and flour. Add the water and mix well. Knead the dough several times until the dough is smooth and moldable. Allow your project to air dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment