Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, March 27, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Simply Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies

We are going to an Easter egg hunt at church today and Jazzy will not be able to eat the majority of the candy that comes in those eggs. Jazzy knows that, but she loves to go on the hunts and have fun with her friends. I wanted to make something special for her to have and this is what I made to surprise her. She loves chocolate chip cookies and anything with sprinkles. These cookies stay soft with a bit of crunch around the edges and bottom.


Simply Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen

1 cup dairy-free margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy milk
2-3 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz safe chocolate chips

Use a hand mixer to cream together the margarine and both sugars. Add the soy milk and vanilla then mix again. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and mix again until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Roll tablespoon amounts of the dough into balls then place them on parchment lined baking sheets 2" apart. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.
*  If desired, roll the dough balls in sprinkles before placing them on the baking sheet.
*  This recipe also makes a good sugar cookie if you omit the chocolate chips, especially if you use the sprinkles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. What brands of sprinkles and dots do you use that are safe for Jazzy? I have been using Betty Crocker colored sugars and Kroger brand colored sugars. Wilton's brand has manufacturing warnings on them. I'd love to use sprinkles with the kids. Thanks, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille,

    I use Betty Crocker Sprinkles Nonpareils, Cake Mate Decorating Sugars and Rainbow Ice Cream Toppers Carousel Mix (I get them at Weis Markets, but I also believe that Giant carries them).

    ReplyDelete