Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

These cookies are so simple, healthy and wonderful. I call them breakfast cookies because I make them big, freeze them then reheat them for a fast or on-the-go breakfast. We like to use a combination of raisins, craisins and flaked coconut.


Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

2 cup oats

2 cups flour

1 1/2 cups unsweetened or cinnamon applesauce

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 - 1 1/2 cups total of raisins, craisins, flaked coconut, dried blueberries, safe chocolate chips, etc.

Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients except for the raisins. Stir in the raisins. Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned and the cookies are set.
* I like to make these cookies big, freeze them then use them as a fast or on-the-go breakfast.
* These cookies do not spread or change shape. If you want a prettier cookie, roll the dough before placing on the baking sheet.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lori! These look and sound great! I'm making Oatmeal cookies tomorrow... maybe I'll use this recipe. Sounds yummy!

    Grace<:3D~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy. Great idea to start a blog. keep up the hard work Momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! My daughter is allergic to dairy, egg, peanuts, treenuts, fish and shellfish. She recently outgrew soy which is fantastic!
    I have an online recipe box if you're interested: http://lollipoprecipebox.blogspot.com

    I look forward to trying out your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bethany. Congratulations on outgrowing soy, that allergen makes cooking and baking a little more interesting. When Jazzy outgrew her soy and wheat allergies, it opened up a whole new world. Your recipes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete