Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Friday, March 4, 2016

Using Yellow Mustard for a Burn

I know this isn't a recipe, but sometimes when you cook or bake you get burned. This may sound strange and I was very skeptical before I tried it, but cold plain yellow mustard helps take the pain away from a burn. I was recently baking muffins.  I didn't place the pan on the counter properly and it started to fall. My natural instinct kicked in and I grabbed the pan.  In doing so, I burned the whole length of my pointer finger pretty bad, some of my thumb, and a little of my middle finger. I soaked it in cold water about 15 minutes and the pain stayed so intense. Tayana did a Google search and found out about using the yellow mustard. I slathered it on all of the burned areas then covered them with gauze and tape. I noticed a little less pain. After 15 minutes the pain was much less. After an hour it was more of a nagging ache. The next day, my fingers already looked so much better. I told some friends about this and they've used it on the inside of their lips and their hands. They also raved about how great this. One tip is to make sure you use gauze and not bandaids. I used a bandaid on the one small burn and it healed slower than the big burns I used the gauze on. I can't believe I've never heard of this remedy before. It is such a great thing to know so I wanted to pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lori! Great blog post! I would love to work with you regarding a partnership. Please email jwelton@elisaact.com if interested.

    Thanks!

    Justin Welton

    Better Lab Tests Now

    ReplyDelete