Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars

I love baked oatmeal and I'm always trying to figure out new ways to make it. These bars are so simple and fast to make. They are good plain or topped with blueberries, crushed strawberries, chocolate syrup, maple syrup or soy milk. You can change the flavor of the bars by using flavored applesauce. We like them the best using unsweetened applesauce and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Out of all of the baked oatmeal I've made, this is my girls' favorite recipe.



Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars

2 cups quick cooking oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 - 2 tsp cinnamon, optional
3/4 cup soy milk
1/2 cup applesauce (plain, cinnamon or fruit flavored)

Combine the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the soy milk and applesauce then mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper lined or sprayed 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until firm and lightly golden. Cool before cutting into squares or bars. Wrap each piece in foil or plastic wrap or store in a tightly covered container.

Shared with Real Food Allergy Free, Willing Cook33 Shades of GreenFrugal FolliesMiz Helen's Country Cottage, Make Ahead Meals, Cybele Pascal and Allergy Free Cookery.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I love your site! I'd love for you to link up some of your posts at allergy-free Wednesdays (http://www.realfoodallergyfree.com/category/allergy-free-wednesdays/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this at Allergy-Free Wednesdays. I love baked oatmeal and this simple recipe! Come back next week to link-up again and see the featured favorites.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~AFW Hostesses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,
    Your Breakfast Bars look awesome, this is a great grab and go bar. Hope you have a wonderful week and Special Valentine's Day. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete