Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Baked Doughnut Holes

This is one of our favorite desserts. These doughnut holes have almost the same texture and taste as the traditional doughnut holes from the store or doughnut shop.

 
 
Baked Doughnut Holes

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp water, 1 1/2 tbsp oil & 1 tsp baking powder - mixed together
3/4 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp oil

Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the water-oil-baking powder mixture, soy milk, vanilla and oil. Stir until thoroughly combined. Fill the lined mini muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter. Bake at 325 for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Roll the doughnuts in one of the following toppings if desired.
* If you want a more round doughnut, you can just remove the bottom portion of the doughnut.
* Makes about 32 mini doughnuts.

Glaze with or without toppings

1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tbsp soy milk

Whisk the soy milk and confectioner's sugar. Roll the doughnuts in the glaze then roll in sprinkles, coconut, cinnamon sugar, confectioner's sugar, etc. Place on wax paper to cool completely and to allow the toppings to set.

Chocolate

Melt 1-2 cups of safe chocolate chips in the microwave. Roll the doughnuts in the chocolate then place them on wax paper to cool completely and to allow the chocolate to set.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these, Jazlyn's Mommy. Our daughter Gracie has the same allergies and we're going to try this tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do these come out round or do you need to roll them into a ball prior to putting in the baking cup? Also - can I substitute regular milk for the soy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use regular milk in any of my recipes. To make them round, just fill the muffin liner like you normally would for cupcakes or muffins. After they are baked, I remove the bottom so that they are round. If I'm just making them for us, a lot of times we just leave the bottom on.

      Delete
  3. I am excited to make these! Thank you For sharing. Our daughter has the same allergies.

    ReplyDelete