Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Monday, March 29, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free Creamy Meat & Potatoes

I thought this meal was good with the ground beef, but I think it would be better with a stronger flavored meat such as sausage.



Creamy Meat & Potatoes

4 tbsp dairy-free margarine
4 potatoes, sliced thin
2 cups cubed ham, cooked ground beef, sausage, sliced hot dogs, etc.
2 tbsp flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/4 cups soy milk

Spread half of the margarine on the bottom of a deep skillet. Layer half of the potato slices and half of the cubed ham over the margarine. Sprinkle with half of the flour then season with salt and pepper. Dot with the remaining half of the margarine. Repeat the layers of the remaining potatoes, ham, flour, salt and pepper. Pour the soy milk over all of the ingredients. Bring to a simmer over high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover then cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover the skillet and simmer for 7 minutes or until the sauce thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment