Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, March 18, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free Biscuit Topped Chicken Pie

I love all-in-one meals and this one is quick and easy to prepare. I always keep precooked diced chicken in the freezer to make dinner preparation easier.



Biscuit Topped Chicken Pie

2 cans mixed vegetables, drained
1 can gravy
2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups soy milk

Combine the vegetables, gravy, chicken, Italian seasoning and dissolved bouillon. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish (or mix everything directly in the dish). In a separate bowl, combine the Bisquick and soy milk to a spreadable but thick consistency. Spread the Bisquick mixture evenly over the chicken mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is cooked through.
*  You can also bake this meal in an 8" square baking dish and only use 1/2 the amount of biscuit topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment