Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, March 21, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

If you like bananas and oats, these soft cookies are perfect. My girls and I like them with lots of chocolate chips.


Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened plain applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon, optional
1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2-3/4 cup safe chocolate chips or raisins, optional

Use a hand mixer to combine the bananas, applesauce, vanilla and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and beat again until thoroughly combined. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips. Drop the dough by large spoonful onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until the cookies are just beginning to brown.
*  The dough doesn't change shape much as it cooks, so you really don't have to worry about spreading.
*  We like these cookies better once they have cooled completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment