Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Baked Oatmeal

I love oats and this is one of my favorite breakfasts. I just place a square in a microwavable dish, top with a little sugar and soy milk then microwave until warmed through. This also makes a great on the go snack or breakfast because you can eat the squares as is at room temperature. My parents and kids prefer to add some fruits, chocolate chips, etc. However, I like them plain or using a flavored applesauce.


Baked Oatmeal

4 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup wheat germ, optional
2/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened or any flavor desired
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup soy milk

Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and wheat germ. Add the applesauce, vanilla and soy milk then mix thoroughly. Pour the batter in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until set.
*  You can add anything you like to this recipes such as blueberries, strawberries, canned peaches or pears, safe chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, shredded apple, etc.
*  Serve as is or topped with some soy milk.
*  Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment