Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

Ever since I made the Pumpkin Bread Pudding, I've been craving bread pudding again. This time, I wanted it faster than in the crock pot and I was craving chocolate and coconut. I decided to try and figure out how to make all of that happen and this yummy bread pudding is the result. Of course, in my family's opinion, chocolate makes everything better. Feel free to substitute the chocolate chips and coconut to suit your family's tastes. I think cinnamon and raisin would be very good.



Coconut Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

4 cups safe bread, torn into cubes
3 cups soy milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup safe chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut

Place the bread evenly in the bottom of a sprayed 8x11 baking dish. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine the soy milk, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut. Evenly pour the soy milk mixture over the bread. Toss the ingredients to thoroughly coat the bread with the mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Allow the bread pudding to rest for 20 minutes before eating.
*  Wonderful served warm or cold.
*  If desired, you can substitute the chocolate chips and/or coconut for other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. You can also omit them completely for a plain bread pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment