Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, January 9, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Fried Potatoes and Sausage

This has always been one of my favorite meals growing up. My mom made this for our family meal this weekend, so the amounts listed are to feed 7 people.


Fried Potatoes and Sausage

1 stick dairy free margarine
4 lb bag potatoes, peeled and sliced thin OR 5 cans diced potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
2 lb smoked sausage, sliced into bite sized pieces

Melt the margarine in a large deep frying pan. You can use 2 pans if you don't have one large enough to fit all of the ingredients. Once the margarine is melted, add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the sliced sausage then cook, stirring occasionally and flipping the sausages, for 15 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment