Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, January 13, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

If you love pumpkin, this recipe is a must try. These Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are so unique and wonderful. The outside has the same texture as a cupcake or muffin but the insides are extremely moist and the texture and taste remind me of a pumpkin pie filling. I love pumpkin pie, but my family doesn't like pie crusts. These are perfect because they taste like a crustless pumpkin pie. They are so flavorful that there is no need to add frosting of any kind. Be warned, these cupcakes are highly addictive.


Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 - 2 cups pure pumpkin puree

Combine the sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture then mix until combined. Add the pumpkin puree then mix until thoroughly combined. Fill lined muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter. Bake at 350 for 34-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Cool completely before serving.
* Note that the batter will be thin and the insides of the cupcakes will not appear to be done.
* If desired, you can dust the tops with confectioner’s sugar or top with safe whipped cream.

Shared with Talking Dollars and Cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment