Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, January 27, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Creamed Spinach

Before allergies, I went to a restaurant that served creamed spinach. I had a bag of spinach in the fridge that was about to expire so I decided to experiment and see if I could come up with something that would taste close to what I remembered. This Creamed Spinach turned out really good. Jazlyn ate more of it than I did. This time I used the Golden Mushroom Soup, however, next time I think I am going to try the gravy instead for a more mellow flavor.


Creamed Spinach

1/2 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup or gravy
1/4 cup dairy free margarine
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Dash of salt and pepper
10 oz fresh spinach, stems removed OR frozen spinach that is cooked and well drained

Place the soup, margarine, flour, garlic salt, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Whisk and heat until smooth, hot and thickened. Add the spinach then cook and stir until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment