Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, January 20, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Creamy Potatoes and Ham

The sauce is very creamy and this casserole is a great use for leftover ham. My whole family loved this meal and is already asking for it again.


Creamy Potatoes and Ham

2 cans creamed corn
2 cans potatoes, sliced or diced
2-4 cups cubed cooked ham
6 tbsp dairy free margarine
6 tbsp flour
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups soy milk

Combine the creamed corn, potatoes and ham in sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper. Add the soy milk and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens. Pour the sauce over the ham mixture then mix thoroughly. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment