Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, July 29, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free Noodle Casserole with Sausage Topping

Jazzy loves noodles and sausage and this is another way that we like to prepare them.


Noodle Casserole with Sausage Topping

8 oz noodles, uncooked
1 can condensed tomato soup (I use Campbell's)
1 tbsp corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup water
1 lb sausage (I use Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage)

Cook the noodles as directed on the package, drain and remove the noodles from the pot. In the same pot, combine the tomato soup, corn starch, salt, pepper and water then simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Add the noodles back to the pot and stir to thoroughly combine. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Arrange the sausages over the noodle mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until the sausage is thoroughly cooked and the mixture is hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment