Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, July 24, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Jell-O Poke Cupcakes

I loved Jell-O poke cakes when I was a child. I decided I would try to recreate that recipe with a safe white cake and whipped cream. They turned out so good and just like I remembered them.


Jell-O Poke Cupcakes

18-24 prepared vanilla cupcakes
3 oz box Jell-O, any flavor desired
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
Prepared safe whipped cream (I used Rich's Whip beaten very stiff)

Cool the cupcakes for 15 minutes. Prick the cupcakes with a fork at least 4 times. Place the Jell-O in a bowl and pour the boiling water over top. Whisk until all of the Jell-O crystals have dissolved. Add the cold water and whisk to combine. Spoon the Jell-O mixture over the poked cupcakes, allowing the excess liquid to drip back into the bowl. Use a paper towel to wipe the bottoms of the wrappers. Place the cupcakes in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. Top with the whipped cream. Store covered in the fridge.
*  A prepared 8x11 or 9x13 white cake can be substituted for the cupcakes. Simply pour the Jell-O mixture over the poked cake.
*  I used the Amazing Vanilla Cupcakes recipe I posted on 5/28/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment