Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, July 10, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free Guilt Free Microwave Potato Chips

Potato Chips are one of my family's favorite snacks. I decided to try and make my own without all of the oil so that we could have a healthier potato chip. I made them in the microwave using Pam cooking spray and any seasonings the girls like. They were so fast and easy to make and they were crispy and delicious.


Guilt Free Microwave Potato Chips

Potatoes
Safe cooking spray (I use Pam original)
Seasonings desired - Old Bay, garlic salt, seasoning salt, Mrs. Dash flavors, sea salt, etc.

Peel the potatoes then slice them as thin as possible with a potato mandolin slicer, a regular potato peeler or sharp knife. Place the slices in a single layer on a microwave safe dish. Spray with the cooking spray then sprinkle on any seasonings desired. Microwave until the potatoes start to brown like in the above picture. My batches each took 4 minutes, but the time will vary depending on your microwave and how thin your potato slices are. Be careful, because once they start to brown, they can get over done very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment