My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 12 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
Saturday, June 30, 2012
The Versatile Blogger Award
Jennifer at Students at Home awarded me The Versatile Blogger award!
In receiving this award, I get to share a link to the blogger who gave me the award, write 7 things about myself that others may not know and then nominate another 15-20 blogs for the award. Here we go!
7 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I was never a good cook. Food allergies forced me to learn quickly how to cook and bake.
2. I never really planned on homeschooling, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
3. I love riding roller coasters - especially in the front!!!
4. I enjoy latch hook, cross stitch, sewing, etc.
5. I have a Flemish Giant rabbit as a pet, along with the rest of our little zoo.
6. Disney World and the beach are two of my favorite places.
7. I love walking around flea markets, thrift stores, yard sales, etc.
There are so many wonderful blogs to choose from, so this time I chose to give this award to homeschooling and craft blogs that give me a lot of inspiration. Here are the ones that I picked to give the Versatile Blogger Award. Congratulations to each of you!
Thanks again Jennifer for the Versatile Blogger Award.