Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, August 14, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Sunbutter Oat Zucchini Cookies

The Zucchini Bread and Muffins were such a huge hit at our house, that I decided to try and make zucchini cookies. My girls wanted Sunbutter added to the cookies. The result was a wonderfully soft flavorful cookie.


Sunbutter Oat Zucchini Cookies

1 cup dairy free margarine
1 cup Sunbutter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups raisins and/or safe chocolate chips, optional

Use an electric mixer to beat the margarine, Sunbutter, brown sugar, zucchini, sugar, applesauce and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and beat until thoroughly combined. Fold in the raisins and/or chocolate chips. The batter will be very moist. Drop by rounded spoonful onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. The cookies will not spread and they will keep the shape you drop them in. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool for 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet then remove the cookies to wax paper to cool completely. It is important to cool the cookies slightly on the baking sheet because they will crumble while they are still hot.

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    Thanks for helping me figure out what to do with all my garden zucchini! Great post.

    ReplyDelete