Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Simple Thin Mint Cookies

Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies were one of my favorite cookies before food allergies. These simple 3 ingredient cookies taste amazingly similar to those cookies. These cookies are very simple to prepare and are so delicious.


Simple Thin Mint Cookies

1 bag safe chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp mint extract (the amount depends on how strong of a mint flavor you like)
2 1/2 sleeves Ritz crackers (we prefer Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers for these cookies)

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, thoroughly stir in the mint extract. Completely coat the crackers with the chocolate mixture then place them on waxed paper lined baking sheets. Place the baking sheets in the fridge to set the chocolate. Store the cookies in an open container in the fridge.
*  If desired, coat the cookies with another layer of chocolate once the first coating has set. This step is not necessary, it just gives you a thicker layer of chocolate on the cookies.
*  If desired, you can omit the mint or use another extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment