Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, May 16, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free Meatloaf

This is our favorite meatloaf recipe. This recipe also works well baked in muffin cups for a shorter amount of time. Also, I like to freeze individual portions to reheat later.

Meatloaf

3-4 lbs ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs (I use homemade)
1 cup mashed potato flakes (I use Betty Crocker Potato Buds)
2 cups soy milk
1 envelope dry onion soup mix, optional
3/4 cup ketchup, optional

Combine the bread crumbs and mashed potato flakes. Stir in the soy milk and allow the mixture to set a few minutes so that the soy milk can soften the other ingredients. Add the ground beef and mix until thoroughly combined. Shape into a loaf on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment