Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, June 13, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Simple Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Jazzy loves mint chocolate chip ice cream, but I didn't have time to use my recipe that requires heating and cooling. I came up with this very simple, fast and delicious alternative. Please note that after being placed in the freezer, this ice cream becomes harder (sort of like a ice milk texture). To make this better, I reheated the ice cream for just a few seconds. It was then easier to scoop and had a much nicer texture.


Simple Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

2 cups soy milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp mint extract (or to taste)
Pinch salt

Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients. Place in the ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
*  Safe chocolate chips can be added if desired.
*  Food coloring can be added if desired. Jazzy likes to make her ice creams the "wrong" color. For example, she likes her mint ice cream to be blue and her strawberry ice cream to be purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment