Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Friday, June 11, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Everyone loved this snack. Even my husband, who doesn't eat a lot of sweets, had several pieces. This cake is a cross between a chocolate chip bar cookie and a vanilla cake.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups safe chocolate chips

Combine the applesauce, oil and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly into a sprayed 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is lightly browned. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know I made this dessert today for our church picnic. It was a hit! My friends who recently went vegan were so happy they could eat a treat and since I am egg and milk free I was too :) Thank you. I plan on trying your other recipes too.

    ReplyDelete