Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, June 3, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free "Ice Cream" Sandwiches

This is one of our favorite Summertime treats. The Rich's Whip makes a wonderful creamy filling for these frozen treats.


"Ice Cream" Sandwiches

1 carton Rich's Whip
Graham crackers sheets, any flavor desired (chocolate is our favorite)

Prepare the Rich's Whip according to the carton, making sure to beat it until very thick. Use a knife to spread a thick layer of the Rich's Whip on half a sheet of the graham crackers. Top with the other half and place on a baking sheet. Continue until all of the Rich's Whip is used. You can place the filled sandwiches on top of each other so that you only need to fill one baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer until firm. Transfer the filled sandwiches into a Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer.
*  We also like these made with homemade soy ice cream or chocolate mousse.

3 comments:

  1. Hello - I would love to try this for my milk/egg anaphylactic daugher... what kind of store have you found the "Rich's Whip" from (I actually had never heard of it before)? A regular grocery store or a Whole Foods type store? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy them in the freezer section of our Giant Grocery Store. It is considered a Jewish food, so it is in the same place as a few other of their frozen items. It looks like a small milk carton and it is blue and white with a big picture of strawberries topped with whipped cream. I love this stuff. We use it with these, as a whipped cream for Jell-O, pudding, to make mousse, strawberry shortcakes, Jell-O poke cupcakes, ambrosia (sort of) salad, etc. Good luck finding it. Maybe you can ask at your local grocery store. I didn't see it at first and they pointed me in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make these when I was in Weight Watchers - using fat free cool whip (which of course has dairy). Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete