Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Monday, November 29, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Pineapple Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole

This is one of our favorite holiday side dishes. My favorite part is the brown sugar topping. The marshmallows add just the right amount of sweetness to the casserole. This picture does not do this casserole justice. If you like sweet potatoes, I highly recommend trying this dish.


Pineapple Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole

2 large cans yams (sweet potatoes)
2-3 cans (8 oz each) crushed pineapples, drained
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup dairy free margarine, softened
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp dairy free margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mash the yams in a 2 quart microwave safe oval baking dish. Add the pineapples, marshmallows, 1/4 cup margarine and salt then stir until thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl, melt the 2 tbsp margarine. Add the brown sugar then stir until combined. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the yam mixture. Cover the dish with a paper towel then microwave for 7-9 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment