Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, November 20, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Crock Pot Pumpkin Bread Pudding

This yummy Fall recipe comes from a friend of mine. I've changed the recipe slightly to suit our family's tastes. This Pumpkin Bread Pudding is so delicious and perfect this time of year or anytime you are craving pumpkin. The top picture was taken while the pudding was still warm and the bottom picture was taken the next day while it was cold. We really liked it both ways. Thank you Shannon!



Crock Pot Pumpkin Bread Pudding

16 oz canned pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
3 cups soy milk, microwaved until hot but not boiling
6 cups white bread, torn into small cubes

Place the pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in the crock pot then whisk until combined. Add the soy milk then whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth. Taste the mixture and adjust the flavorings as desired. Add the bread cubes then press them into the pumpkin mixture, stirring to thoroughly combine. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Turn off the heat, keeping the crock pot covered, for at least 20 minutes before serving.
*  If you would like a thinner bread pudding, reduce the bread to 4 cups.
*  If desired, you can add some pumpkin pie spice, ginger, allspice and/or nutmeg.
*  Perfect served warm or cold.
*  Refrigerate leftovers tightly covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment