Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, July 6, 2013

Egg Free, Dairy Free Salisbury Steak

We love this meal. The sauce is very good and the Salisbury Steaks are tender. This recipe makes 8 and they reheat very well, so you decide if you want to double the recipe or not.



Salisbury Steak

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup safe bread crumb, I used this recipe
1/2 cup crushed soup crackers
1/2 cup soy milk
1 can (10 1/4 oz) beef gravy
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp pepper, more or less depending on your taste

Thoroughly combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, crackers and soy milk. Shape the mixture into patties and place them in a sprayed 8x8 baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the gravy, ketchup and pepper. Spoon the gravy mixture over the meat patties. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until cooked through.
*  Wonderful served over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
*  If you want extra gravy, you can double the gravy ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment