Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, December 8, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free 2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake

I was playing around in the kitchen and figured out this fast and simple recipe that is perfect for a chocolate craving or quick dessert. I love the chocolate smell that filled the house. This cake turned out big enough for my girls to share, but it can also be a perfect single serving.

There really isn't a wrong way to make this dessert. Each time we made it, we tried something different and they were all so delicious. We've added coconut, chocolate syrup, mint extract, etc. into the batter and/or thawed frozen berries, soy milk, chocolate syrup, etc. poured on top.

This fast and easy cake is also perfect if you need a last minute piece of cake or single serving dessert to bring along for a party or other function. I keep vanilla and chocolate Pillsbury Easy Frost (spray frosting) on hand so that I don't have to open a big container of frosting. Since I provide all of Jazlyn's food when she eats away from our house or my mom's house, this is a perfect recipe when I'm short on time but need something special for her. She loves to spray on the frosting then decorate it with fun sprinkles.



2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake

1 tbsp dairy free margarine
3 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp safe chocolate chips, optional

Melt the margarine in a 4 cup capacity microwave safe bowl. Add the water and vanilla then stir to combine. Add the cocoa, flour, sugar, brown sugar and chocolate chips then mix until thoroughly combined. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before eating.
* Wonderful topped with soy ice cream, safe whipped cream, flaked coconut, chocolate syrup, diced bananas, diced strawberries, blueberries, thawed frozen berries, etc.
* The chocolate chips add to the decadence of the cake, but it would be fine if you leave them out of the recipe.
*  If you would like your cake a little more gooey, use an additional 1 tbsp of margarine and reduce the water to 2 tbsp.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful - not many allergy recipes turn out this good. Thanks everso much :0)

    ReplyDelete