Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, December 12, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free No Bake Chocolate Coconut Clusters

If you like coconut and chocolate, these no bake cookies should go on your must try list. These cookies have a wonderful chewy texture. The flavor slightly reminds me of Mounds bars. They are not too sweet, they are just the perfect combination of coconut and chocolate. Even my dad that doesn't like coconut liked these cookies. I'm thrilled to have another no bake cookie for those days that we are short on time but need a snack to take somewhere.

 


 
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Clusters

1 cup safe chocolate chips
1/3 cup dairy free margarine
13 large marshmallows
2 cups quick oats
1 cup flaked coconut

Place the chocolate chips, margarine and marshmallows in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat then stir in the oats and coconut until thoroughly combined. Drop by spoonfuls onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Roll and flatten slightly if you want a prettier cookie. Refrigerate until firm. Store between layers on wax paper in a covered container in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for these coconut clusters. We love them! They are super easy to make. I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this blog. I am not creative in the kitchen at all, so I am very thankful for you. And so is my family! Please tell someone to give you a big hug from me all the way from North Dakota!

    ReplyDelete