Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Banana Fudge Brownies

I had some bananas that were getting to ripe and wanted to try something different. Be warned that these brownies have a strong banana flavor. However, since my girls and I love bananas, this is a good thing. These brownies taste like a moist banana bread mixed with a fudgy brownie. These are the prettiest brownies that I have made since Jazlyn's allergies. They hold together very well and have a nice appearance.


Banana Fudge Brownies

1/2 cup dairy free margarine
2 cups safe chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Melt the margarine then stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, applesauce, bananas, vanilla and salt. Add the melted chocolate mixture then stir until thoroughly combined. Add the flour then stir just until incorporated. Spread the batter evenly into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes or until the top is no longer glossy and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Be careful not to over bake the brownies. Cool before cutting into bars or squares.
* These brownies will have a moist chewy texture, not a cakey texture.
* If you would like a milder banana flavor, reduce the mashed bananas to 1/2 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment