Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Cupcake and Cookie Icing

This icing is thick and hardens nicely. We like to use it on sugar cookies and cupcakes.

Cupcake and Cookie Icing

1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tsp soy milk
2 tsp corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Food coloring, optional

Use a hand mixer to combine the confectioners sugar and soy milk until smooth. Add the corn syrup, vanilla and food coloring and beat again until the icing is smooth and glossy.
*  Makes enough for 12 cupcakes.

***  If you would like to see a picture, I used this icing on the Moist Soda Cupcakes I posted previously.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks amazing, Lori! It's just what I needed, thank you!

    ReplyDelete