Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, August 14, 2014

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free 2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

I love our 2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake so much that I decided to make a 2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It had a wonderful flavor and texture. I added a few too many chocolate chips (I know, I didn't realize that was possible either). This recipe is very good, but it is also dangerous since it is so easy and fast to make. Tayana and her friend had fun making them for a sleepover because they are so simple, fast, and yummy. Jazlyn even took one as her dessert for a cookout.




2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

2 tbsp dairy free margarine
2 tbsp soy milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour
1-2 tbsp safe chocolate chips

Place the margarine and soy milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 35-45 seconds or until the margarine is melted. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Stir in the flour. Stir in the chocolate chips. Microwave for 2 minutes or until set. Cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.
*  Using sugar in place of the brown sugar does not work well for this recipe. The cookie cake does not rise and the flavor isn't as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment