Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, February 28, 2013

Egg Free, Dairy Free Chicken and Noodles in White Sauce

My girls really loved this casserole. Jazlyn even wanted it again the next day for lunch and it reheated perfectly.



Chicken and Noodles in White Sauce

2 tbsp dairy-free margarine
1/3 cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chicken broth
1 can corn, peas, or any vegetables desired
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 cup soup crackers, crushed (I used Saltines), optional but very good
1 box noodles, any shape desired

In a soup pot, cook and drain the noodles according to the package. Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, pepper, and salt then whisk until completely combined. Add the chicken broth then whisk constantly until the mixture is thickened. Add the corn, chicken, and crackers to the cooked noodles. Add the white sauce then cook and stir until completely coated and heated through.

2 comments:

  1. Did you really mean 1 tsp pepper? I made this and it was so peppery, I had to redo it before serving it to my family. I doubled the white sauce (minus more pepper) and it was better. I am going to make it again with 1/4 tsp pepper and I bet it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves pepper so it didn't dawn on me it would be too strong. I will change it salt and pepper to taste.

    ReplyDelete