Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free One Dish Spaghetti

This meal is a different way to make spaghetti. The noodles cook in the sauce so they have a different texture and flavor than traditional spaghetti.


One Dish Spaghetti

1 lb ground beef or bulk sausage
3 1/2 cups water
26 oz can spaghetti sauce
1 box noodles, any shape desired

Brown the beef in a deep skillet. Add the water, spaghetti sauce and noodles then stir until well combined. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
* If desired, you can substitute the spaghetti sauce for 2 cans of tomato soup. Reduce the water to 2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment