Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, June 16, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Sweet and Sour Meatballs

My mom has been making this meal since I was little. Now it is one of my girls' most requested meals when they are at their Grandma's house.


Sweet and Sour Meatballs

2 lbs ground beef
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can pineapple slices and 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained - reserving the juice
1 jar bread and butter pickles, drained - reserving the juice
2 tbsp cornstarch

combine the ground beef, salt and pepper then form into meatballs. Brown in a skillet until cooked through.
Drain the grease. In a separate bowl, combine the pineapple juice, pickle juice and cornstarch. Add this mixture to the meatballs along with the pineapple tidbits and pickles. Cook and stir until the juice mixture thickens and is clear. Place the pineapple slices on top, cover then cook until heated through, occasionally flipping over the pineapple slices. Serve over hot cooked rice.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, all 3 of your links look yummy - how am I going to decide what to try first?
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete