Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Monday, February 14, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Sloppy Joes

I was in the mood for Sloppy Joes but I didn't have any of the canned sauce. I decided to throw a few ingredients together and I was very happy how it came out. The amounts of each ingredient can be changed so that the final sauce suits your family's tastes. Feel free to add onions, garlic and/or green peppers if your family likes them.


Sloppy Joes

1 lb ground beef
3/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp A1 sauce
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp mustard
Dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper

In a skillet over medium heat, brown the meat and drain the grease. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Serve on rolls or over hot cooked rice or noodles.
*  For an even quicker meal, I use precooked ground beef that I keep in the freezer. I placed the ground beef and all of the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl then microwaved it until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment