Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Fast and Easy Stromboli

We love stromboli, but I didn't want to make my own dough. I found a safe store bought pizza crust and used it for the dough. The stromboli turned out really good.



Fast and Easy Stromboli

Safe prepared pizza crust (I used Pillsbury Pizza Crust Classic)
Fillings desired such as cooked ground beef, cooked ground sausage, pepperoni, diced peppers,              
       diced onions, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, etc.
Pizza sauce, as needed for moisture in the stromboli and additional for dipping

Unroll the pizza dough onto a large, sprayed, foil lined baking sheet. Place the filling and sauce down the center of the dough, leaving a little room at each end for shaping. Bring up all 4 ends and pinch them to seal. Bake at 425 for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
*  If desired, you can make several smaller strombolis and customize them for each person.

No comments:

Post a Comment