Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Friday, April 13, 2018

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Microwave Chocolate Pudding Cake

I was attempting something else, but this result was a yummy happy surprise that we have now made many times. I wasn't sure what to call this recipe. It's not really a pudding because it's thick and has other ingredients in it. It's not a cake because it isn't the right consistency. I decided to go with Chocolate Pudding Cake because that's about right. It's a gooey chocolate mixture that is made in the microwave and then, if desired, add-ins are stirred in like flaked coconut, berries, oats, etc. The top picture is plain, the second is oats and coconut, the third is oats and strawberries. We also stir a few safe chocolate chips into each either before microwaving or after as an add-in.  Sometimes both!



Microwave Chocolate Pudding Cake

2 tbsp whole wheat flour, white flour, or oat flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/16 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp soy milk
1 tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, or molasses
1 tsp melted coconut oil or olive oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Add-ins desired such as oats, dried fruit, safe chocolate chips, unsweetened flaked coconut,
           blueberries, raspberries, diced banana, chopped strawberries, etc.

Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add the applesauce, soy milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla then mix until thoroughly combined. Microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 minutes or until set. Cool for a few minutes then stir in the add-ins you desire.
*  Some safe chocolate chips can be added to the batter before it is microwaved for an extra chocolately result.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing I'll have to try it. I shared your blog to the dairy free breastfeeding fb page I'm a member of. My son has these same allergies so it's great to find new yummy recipes. Thank you

    ReplyDelete