Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Friday, March 10, 2017

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Porcupine Meatballs

This is one of my favorites because I make a batch and freeze individual serving portions. Then I just make a starch to put them over top of for a quick and versatile lunch. My family asks for this meal quite often. This recipe makes approximately 48 meatballs. If you want a smaller serving, I placed the recipe for just 1 pound of meat after this recipe.





Porcupine Meatballs

3 pounds of ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground beef
1 1/2 cups raw brown or white Minute rice
1 cup water
1 diced bell pepper
1 diced onion
Seasonings desired - I used a mixture of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder,
       and onion powder
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 (8 oz each) cans tomato sauce

Combine the meat, rice, water, pepper, onion, and seasonings. Form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs. Place in two 8x11 sprayed dishes or an 11x15 dish. Pour the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce over top. Cover with foil then bake at 350 for 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
*  2 (24 oz each) cans of spaghetti sauce can be used in place of the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
*  Makes approximately 48 meatballs.
*  Perfect in bread for a sandwich or served over cooked rice, noodles, potatoes, or barley.
*  Freezes perfectly in individual serving containers.


Porcupine Meatballs (smaller version)

1 lb ground meat
3/4 cup raw brown or white Minute rice
1/2 cup water
Bell pepper and onion as desired
Seasonings desired - I used a mixture of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder,
       and onion powder
16 oz can tomato sauce

Prepare as above but use an 8x8 baking dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment