Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Pear Cobbler

This pear cobbler is fantastic. The warm pears are perfect with the sweet dumplings on top. The girls and I like to sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. We also like to place some in a bowl and top with soy milk.





Pear Cobbler

2 cans sliced or diced pears (15 1/4 oz each), undrained
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp dairy free margarine, cut into pieces
1/4 cup boiling water

Pour the pears and juice into an 8x11 baking dish. Stir in the cornstarch and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a pastry blender, forks, or your hands to mix in the margarine until it resembles small crumbs. Stir in the hot water until just combined. Drop the batter by 12 spoonfuls over top of the pears. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and the insides are cooked through.
*  Peaches can be used in place of pears.
*  Cinnamon sugar can be sprinkled over top if desired.
*  Good served warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment