Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, March 2, 2014

Egg Free, Dairy Free Vanilla Quinoa Pudding

I've never used quinoa before. I saw it advertised on TV so I decided to try it. I used it like I would tapioca or rice. The girls enjoyed this hearty grain, especially with extra cinnamon sugar on top. The flavor of the quinoa was stronger than I expected so it may take me a little while to get used to it. Since the quinoa is a healthy grain and the rest of the ingredients are pretty healthy, the girls enjoyed this pudding for breakfast with some fruit.



Vanilla Quinoa Pudding

1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Bring the water and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the soy milk then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat then stir in the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Allow the pudding to set for 10 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment