Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Saturday, June 22, 2013

Egg Free, Dairy Free Meat Pot Pie

I love pot pie. This one is perfect with it's hearty meat and vegetable filling. Made with the Bisquick crust it is quick and easy to prepare. I can't wait to make it again soon.



Meat Pot Pie

1/3 cup dairy free margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup soy milk
1 lb browned ground beef, cooked chopped ham, cooked diced chicken, etc.
2 cans diced potatoes
1 can mixed vegetables or any vegetable you desire
1 prepared Simple Bisquick Pie Crust or any safe unbaked pie crust

Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper. Add the broth and soy milk then cook and whisk until slightly thickened. Add the chicken, potatoes and vegetables then stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture into a 2 quart deep pie pan or a 9x9 baking dish. Top with the pie crust, crimping to seal the edges. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until the pie crust is golden and the filling is bubbling. Allow the pot pie to set for 10 minutes before serving.
*  You can use 1 can of potatoes and 2 cans of vegetables.

Simple Bisquick Pie Crust

1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1/4 cup hot water
3 tbsp dairy free margarine

Mix all of the ingredients until a dough forms. Gently smooth the dough into a ball then knead 5 times. Roll the dough into a 9" circle or square depending which dish you are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment