Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Egg Free, Dairy Free Kid Friendly Chili

My mom has always made her chili this way. My girls love it.



Kid Friendly Chili

4 cans (15.5 oz each) kidney beans
28 oz crushed tomatoes
1 lb cooked ground beef
Chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder to taste

Combine all of the ingredients in a soup pot. Place over medium low heat then cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
*  Leftovers freeze perfectly.
*  If you want your chili less thick, add only 3 cans of the kidney beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment