Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, February 2, 2012

Egg Free, Dairy Free Tortilla Casserole

My girls love tortilla shells used in wraps, as the dough for tortilla shell pizzas, etc. We decided it would be fun to tear them up and put them in a casserole. Once baked, they turn soft and almost reminded me of a dumpling. This is also a quick to make and bake casserole so we are adding it to our list of favorite suppers.


Tortilla Casserole

5-6 tortilla shells (6” each), torn into small pieces
2 lbs cooked ground beef, ground sausage, diced chicken, etc.
2 cans gravy
1 can peas or corn

Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients in a 9x11 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Shared with Full Plate Thursday and Tasty Tuesdays.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori,
    We just love a Tortilla based Casserole and your recipe looks delicious. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete